Thursday 7 August 2014

Anyone for coffee?





Having a coffee in London just got a whole lot more fulfilling. I'm sitting in the Calm and refreshingly cool atmosphere of a beautiful gothic church on an unusually hot august afternoon. Yes church!! I've ordered my Jamaican dollars from the post office in St James church west hampstead and ordered a coffee and am now sitting on a stylish sofa speaking on the phone with my daughter to enquire about the purchase of a cot for her first born son. Small children are clambering around a bright coloured ball park under the careful gaze of Our Lady who knows something of the  demands on families with small children during the 6 week holiday. While I sit here a young woman approaches the sanctuary and lights a candle while on the table next to me a work meeting takes place. As I leave I see another member of the public come in with her dog and make a mental note that St James is also a dog friendly venue!



Fr Andrew beginning his shift at the coffee shop.

1 comment: