Sunday 10 November 2013

Remembrance Sunday 10th November



Remember Me
(The voice of the dead)



Remember me

Duty called and I went to war

Though I'd never fired a gun before

I paid the price for your new day

As all my dreams were blown away



Remember me

We all stood true as whistles blew
And faced the shell and stench of Hell

Now battle's done, there is no sound
Our bones decay beneath the ground

We cannot see, or smell, or hear

There is no death, or hope or fear



Remember me

Once we, like you, would laugh and talk

And run and walk and do the things that you all do

But now we lie in rows so neat

Beneath the soil, beneath your feet



Remember me

In mud and gore and the blood of war

We fought and fell and move no more

Remember me, I am not dead

I'm just a voice within your head

Harry Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment